Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Make A Splash

Hello again! Hope you are having a great day so far.  Today my layout is featured over at Just Nick Digital Cut Files using the "Make A Splash" cut file that is included in the Summer Lovin cut file set.


I adore the title and wanted to make it pop off the page so I enlarged it and cut it out on black cardstock with my Silhouette Cameo.  After it was cut, I worked on my white cardstock background and "watercolored" the background with the Ranger Salty Ocean Distress Ink and then added some splatters and sequins to make it look like splashes.


For the patterned papers, I founds some papers from the October Afternoon Treasure Map Collection that I thought would go well with the theme of my page.  I tore three paper strips and machine stitched them to the left side of the page to direct the eye to the photos.  


On the left edge of my page I added a few strands of blue embroidery floss that I had in my stash and threaded the sequins onto the floss.  I thought it would give the page more interest.



I matted the two photos with some aqua vellum and added some embellishments around the page.  I used some flair buttons from A Flair For Buttons, some wood veneers, chipboard, enamel dots and some stickers on the top left and bottom right of my page.

It was so much fun creating this page.  I really love just having fun and getting inky and messy.  Have a great day!



No comments:

Post a Comment