Saturday, September 19, 2015

Brothers Forever Layout

Happy Saturday!  Last night I was looking on Pinterest and I was totally inspired by a layout I saw of the amazingly talented and sweet Paige Evans.  I thought I would give it a try and this layout proves  that a person doesn't need to throw out those tiny strips of paper they have laying around.


I must admit this is a labor intensive layout but I am so happy how it turned out.  The photo is of my two sons at a local amusement park two summers ago.  My oldest son is 30 and my youngest son is 15 so my youngest looks up to his older brother as an example and a mentor.  I love it.  


I used the new So Rad Collection by Simple Stories and this is the fourth layout with this collection and I had lots of scraps of paper so this type of layout is perfect to use up those scraps.


Of course my favorite embellishment is flair buttons so I added one from A Flair For Buttons.


I used my Silhouette Cameo and a cut file from the Silhouette Online Store to cut out the large stars in the white card stock and the smaller orange stars.  I used my sewing machine to stitch around the larger stars on the white card stock.



Jillibean Soup has some wonderful wood buttons so I added those to the center of the orange stars.


Finally I added some Jillibean Soup little star enamel embellishments and some Heidi Swapp Colorshine "Tea" mist splatters.  I felt the orange stars needed a little more pop so I got out my black pen and added some faux stitching.

This took up my evening last night but I always am happy to share my layouts with my sons and show them how special they are to me.

Thanks for looking and I hope you have an awesome day!

4 comments:

  1. I love this layout! I don't know if I have the patience to build something like that, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love LOVE this!!! I'm so fond of this style with the stitching. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete