Sunday, September 6, 2015

My Daughter Layout

Hello friends! Today I wanted to share the first of four layouts with you that I created with the September Main Kit as a guest designer this month at My Creative Scrapbook.  I absolutely adored this kit.  I love the colors, the gold accents and the pretty patterns.  I immediately thought of creating somewhat of a shabby chic layout of my daughter.  


Using my 2 inch circle paper punch, I punched out several circles and then cut them in half.

Using a circle cutter to cut the white cardstock circle, I took two colors of embroidery floss and handstitched around the cardstock circle.

I adhered all the patterned paper punched circles around the white cardstock circle as shown above.

I layered some papers and ephemera from the kit on top of the white cardstock and then added my photos, some alpha stickers, a flair button, lace and flowers.

I used some watercolor paint and painted the white background paper, let it dry and then spritzed some light pink mist over it.

Finally I trimmed 1/4" on all four sides of the white cardstock and adhered it to a 12X12 sheet of black cardstock.

Here are some more closeups of my layout.





Here is the beautiful kit I created this with.

September Main Kit

Be sure and check out the Design Team Gallery over at My Creative Scrapbook for the complete design team reveal and be sure and order your kit at My Creative Scrapbook.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment