Tuesday, January 5, 2016

My Design Team Introduction at Just Nick Digital Cut Files

Hello friends!  It is an amazing day full of happy news.  Today is my design team introduction at Just Nick Digital Cut Files.  I am thrilled to be back for a second term using Nicole Nowosad's amazing cut files.  Nicole's designs are fabulous and I have always loved her free cut files that are found on the Scrapbook And Cards Today Magazine's blog.  When Nicole had a design team call in the spring of 2015 and was starting up the Just Nick Digital Cut Files website, I knew I had to apply.  I feel very blessed to be on her team for both the first and second term.

If you aren't familiar with digital cut files, they are used to enhance your scrapbooking layouts, cards, planners, home decor, etc.  They are cut on electronic die cutting machines such as the Silhouette Cameo, the Brother Scan and Cut and any other machine that uses a PNG, SVG or DXF format.

I have had my Silhouette Cameo for three years and honestly, it is my favorite scrapbooking tool ever!  It has taken my creativity to a new level and I can not imagine being without it now.  Sure, there is a learning curve, but the more I use it, the more I want to use it.

For the design team introductions, the design team members were asked to create a layout of ourself.  Here is what I came up with:


I used the Dahlia Flower and the Birthday Sentiments cut files for my layout.  I love backing cut files with patterned paper and I went for a bright, fresh, summery type layout.

For some of the things I love, I journaled around the "petals".  The title was first cut on black card stock and then I cut it out again on white card stock and stacked them together so the title would stand out more.

I am a huge fan of Bella Blvd.'s collections so I used the Fresh Market Collection of patterned papers and also added some fun embellishments such as stickers, a bow and enamel dots.

Being a huge fan of flair buttons as well, I had to use some flair from A Flair For Buttons to complete the layout.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you come back often and visit to see how I used the Just Nick Cut Files.

Have a great day!

Cut Files Used:

Birthday Sentiments
Dahlia Flower



No comments:

Post a Comment