Saturday, September 22, 2012

A Layout To Share Of My Son

Usually I scrapbook what is on my mind that day if I don't have design team assignments.  My oldest son and his wife are on my mind a lot so I thought I would scrapbook a layout using a wainscotting technique I saw in the fall issue of Canadian Scrapbooker Magazine. The article I am referring to is  "Tool Junkie" by Christy Riopel.  Christy used the Stampin Up Simply Scored scoring tool but I have a Scor-Pal so I improvised.




Gray Cardstock
Weathered Wood Distress Ink - Tim Holtz
Scor-Pal Score Board
 The gray cardstock background was scored every half inch on my Scor-Pal scoring board.

Score At Every 1/2 Inch Mark
Turn Cardstock Over
Turn the page over and notice that the scoring lines are raised on the backside so I chose to ink the back.

I then used Tim Holtz Distressed Ink in Weathered Wood and applied the ink pad directly to the paper in a downward motion being sure to cover the entire page.

Run Inkpad from top to bottom of page

Finally, I ran the Tim Holtz Distress Stain in Picket Fence over the entire scored and inked page for a more distressed, softer look.

After inking, run Tim Holtz Distress Stain Picket Fence over paper

Next, I cut the title "Son" from my Silhouette Cameo, applied Glossy Accents to the letters and then fussy cut the lighthouse and distressed all the papers.  A piece of jute was added to give more texture as well as the buttons.

I used Webster's Pages Yacht Club Collection for the papers.  The sketch that inspired me was by Pagedrafts Sketch #13.

It was a lot of fun to do and I like the way it turned out.

Have a good Saturday!

3 comments:

  1. Very cool technique! Going to have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a very neat technique. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the LO and thanks for sharing the technique....going to try that with my Martha Stewart board (it looks exactly like yours!!lol).
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete