Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Creative Embellishments Guest Designing At Scrap Around The World

Hello friends! Today I am excited to share that the Creative Embellishments design team has been asked to guest design over at Scrap Around The World. I have always loved Scrap Around The World's mood boards and love all the beautiful eye candy I see on this website.  Below is the mood board the Creative Embellishments team had to work with:


I immediately was inspired by the girl's hair and it made me think of my daughter on her wedding day and her beautiful hair.  She looked like a princess and I wanted to create a shabby chic layout with lots of flowers and lace.


I began the layout by using two of the same pieces of patterned paper from the Bo Bunny Enchanted Collection and punched around the entire outside edge of one of the papers with a heart border punch.  I then cut a large square of the same paper and then distressed it and inked it with some distress paint.  I adhered it to the bottom sheet matching it up as close as possible.  I took some purple acrylic paint and a clear stamp and stamped randomly around the bottom paper.  Next, I chose the chipboard Doily Frame from Creative Embellishments and painted it with a coat of gesso and then dabbed on three different colours of acrylic paint.  For the Creative Embellishments chipboard Trellis, I also painted it with a coat of gesso and then painted it with green paint and then added some gesso here and there to give it a shabbier, vintage look.  I then went crazy with lots of flowers, lace, pearls and jewels.  Finally I took a sponge brush and dry brushed some gesso over the flowers and papers to give it more of a shabby chic look.  Finally I separated some strands of cheesecloth and wrapped it around some of the flowers to give it more texture.  Here are some closeups.








There are some AMAZING prizes to be won so be sure and link up at Scrap Around The World here.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment