Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Mom Layout

Hello everyone! Glad you stopped by!

I really love working with scrapbook kits because they take the guesswork out of matching papers, embellishments etc.  I am honored to be asked to play with such great scrapbook kits from My Creative Scrapbook.  Pam Rangel does a fantastic job each month designing the kits.  For March, I was excited to work with the Main kit as well as the Creative kit. They are both equally gorgeous. My Mind's Eye has always had my vote with such beautiful collections ever since they began in 1999. The Hello Gorgeous collection is no exception.

My mother is someone that I look up to and I always love to honor her with scrapbook layouts.  I took this photo last year on Mother's Day.


The grid design is one of my favorite designs for a layout. I love to pile on the embellishments and use up my paper scraps.  For this particular  layout, I began with a 12X12 piece of cardstock and took several Tim Holtz Distress Inks and went crazy dabbing them onto the cardstock to create this very colorful background.  It may have been overkill, but I still am happy how it turned out.  Later this month, I will be sharing a tutorial on how to create several backgrounds by simply using distress inks so keep checking back.

Here are a few detailed closeups:












Thanks for taking the time to stop by.  I really appreciate it.  I always welcome comments to see that people are reading my blog.

Have a great day and be sure to check out all the kits for March at My Creative Scrapbook.



2 comments:

  1. Lee-Anne another great layout, YOU ROCK!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you so much Yvette! You rock as well girlfriend! xx

      Delete