Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Mom You Are Loved

Hello friends! Today I wanted to share a layout that I created for Just Nick Digital Cut Files of my mom.  She loves flowers and the color purple so I knew the Floral Ring 2 cut file and the Mom cut file would be perfect to use on this layout.


There is a lot of hand stitching on my layout. I love the homemade feel it gives the layout. I used purple, light pink, dark pink, yellow and green embroidery floss to stitch the flowers, leave and around the ring and then I watercolored inside the flowers, leaves and ring. The white card stock background was created with the packaging technique to give it some more splashes of color.


The Mom cut file was cut on my Silhouette Cameo onto plaid patterned paper from Lawn Fawn. It needed some more dimension so I added some very thin strips of foam adhesive tape that I cut out with my scissors and stuck it to the backside of the title. I added a piece of white card stock that I trimmed with my scissors slightly larger than my die cut title and then stuck it down. The mini black alpha stickers from Pretty Little Studio were added below the cut title to complete the title. To make sure they stayed put, I thought I would machine stitch them down.  


To embellish the layout, I used a flair button and a label from Pretty Little Studio, and some enamel dots from Pinkfresh Studio. The last step I trimmed the white card stock background down to 11 inches by 11 inches and stuck it down to the plaid patterned paper and machine stitched a 1/4 inch from the outside edge of the page with pink thread.


I really enjoyed the process of this layout. It truly looks better in person than it does in a photo. Don't forget to check out the Just Nick shop for these cut files and hundreds more.

Thanks for stopping by and have a fabulous day!

Cut Files Used On My Layout:



Mom






No comments:

Post a Comment