Saturday, May 6, 2017

Spring Makes Me Happy!

Happy International Scrapbook Day! The first Saturday of May is officially recognized as International Scrapbook Day and this special day is celebrated by scrapbookers all over the world. There are plenty of crops, challenges and prizes. I hope all of you paper crafters worldwide have a chance to participate in all the happenings and challenges that are taking place today. I can't wait to get busy creating and entering a few challenges!

I thought I would share another layout that I created with the May Creative Kit at My Creative Scrapbook. This layout was one of my favorites out of the six layouts that I created with this kit. I have a thing for layouts that have circles or are circular.


For my layout I took three dinner plates in large, medium, and small from my kitchen and beginning with the largest plate, I centered it on the piece of 12X12 white card stock and went ahead and traced around it with a pencil. I then put the medium dinner plate, that was slightly smaller, placed it inside the large circle, centered it and traced it with a pencil. Then I took the smallest dinner plate and centered it in the medium circle and traced it with a pencil.  You should have three circles that almost look like a target. You could also do this with your Silhouette Cameo by drawing three circles in Silhouette Studio and sketching it with a sketch pen or pencil.

I used a piece of packaging (cellophane) that I had from the kit and with my watercolor paints and some water I "stamped" with the packaging and dabbed the white cardstock with some pink, green, yellow and teal mixed with a bit of white to tone the colors down and soften it. Once it was dry I added my title and fussy cut some feather shapes from the feather patterned paper that came in the kit. I machine stitched twice around the large circle with pink thread to secure my title and then layered some more flower stickers on top.



On the middle circle, I machine stitched twice around with pink thread and fussy cut some butterflies from the butterfly patterned paper and added some dimension by popping them up with foam adhesive tape.






On the smallest circle, I fussy cut a lot of the feathers from the feather patterned paper in the kit and adhered them with some a little temporary adhesive so I could get the placement the way I wanted it and then machine stitched them twice with pink thread. 







When the three circles were stitched, I took a white eraser and erased the pencil lines so that the stitching would only be visible.  I then cut one of the tags "Happy Spring" from the sheet with the tags and used some pink ribbon from the kit and adhered it to the right side of my photo. I went ahead and fussy cut three butterflies and added them to the middle circle.  With the puffy stickers in the kit, I added some small flower puffy stickers to the top left and bottom right corner of the photo. To complete the layout I machine stitched about 1/4 inch from the outside edge of the cardstock with pink thread.


This is the beautiful kit that I used to create this layout.  It is the May Creative Kit with papers and stickers from the Hello Spring Collection by American Crafts, puffy stickers from We R Memory Keepers, chipboard alphas from American Crafts, phrase stickers from Pebbles, Easter buttons from Doodlebug Designs and some pink alpha stickers from Doodlebug Designs.


Be sure and pop by the blog at My Creative Scrapbook and order your May kits today before they are gone. 

I hope you are inspired to create a circular layout. Happy scrapping!



No comments:

Post a Comment