Friday, May 5, 2017

It's Reveal Day At My Creative Scrapbook

Hello friends! It's reveal day at My Creative Scrapbook and what a fabulous reveal it is! Be sure and order yours today here before they are gone. They are surely going to sell out quickly because they are all so gorgeous.  Here they are:

May Main Kit

May Creative Kit

May LE Kit

May Album Kit
I created six layouts with the fabulous May Creative Kit. I LOVED creating with this kit. It is totally my colors and style. The patterned papers are all from the American Crafts Hello Spring Collection. Here is one of my layouts with this kit:













There is a LOT of fussy cutting on this layout. 
  1. To create this layout I began by adding clear gesso onto the white cardstock and when it was dry I splattered the white card stock with white acrylic paint thinned down with a touch of water and a paint brush. I watercolored with yellow, orange, pink, green and teal. 
  2. Once it was dry, I trimmed the white card stock to 10 inches wide by 12 inches long and backed it with a sheet of the floral paper above and then machine stitched it on both sides with pink thread.  
  3. After I matted the photo, I machine stitched around the mat and placed it on the white cardstock. 
  4. Next came all the embellishing. I placed my fussy cut eggs (for these I used one of the egg stickers from the sticker sheet as a template, traced around it, and cut out the shape on several sheets of patterned paper), flowers and butterflies around the photo trying to layer and alternate the shapes. I also added some dimensional foam tape that I adhered to the back of the shapes to give the shapes more layering and dimension. 
  5. Finally I added some stickers from the kit that I popped up with foam tape as well and added the dot stickers around the page.

Also, an extra tip I have is when I add patterned paper behind the white card stock on my layouts, I try to conserve my patterned paper so I can stretch the kit further so I usually use my circle cutter and cut out a large circle and use it for another project. You would never know because nobody sees the backside of the layout and I hate to waste such gorgeous paper. 

Thanks for staying with me here to the end of my blog post. Be sure and order your kits before they are out of stock. They go fast and also check out the design team gallery for inspiration on all four of the kits.

Check back later this month as I share five more layouts from this kit.  Have an awesome day!

No comments:

Post a Comment