Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Easter Memories

Hello friends! I'm back with another layout today for My Creative Scrapbook using the fabulous May Main Kit.


I wanted to create a custom background for this page so I began with a white 12X12 piece of white textured card stock that I brushed completely with some clear gesso. Gesso works like a paint primer and gives the surface some toothiness so that paint adheres better to the surface and it also absorbs the paint better so that the card stock doesn't get too saturated from the paint. 

With my Gelatos, which are creamy pigmented sticks that can be used with water,  I painted with the colors light pink, bubblegum pink, yellow, teal, green and light pink across the card stock and let it dry. Once the background was dry, I splattered it with white acrylic paint thinned down with some water and flicked it with a paintbrush.

Now moving on to the title. For my "Easter Memories" title, I used the cut file that was included in the May kits and went ahead and created the large title in the Silhouette Studio software and then cut it out with my Silhouette Cameo first on several different patterned papers and then I offset the letters and and cut it out again on white card stock and placed the patterned paper over the white card stock and added some of the cute Easter buttons to the center of the "a" and two "r's" and stuck them down with glue dots.



With my antique sewing machine, I stitched over the large letters three times with pink thread. This ensures that the letters aren't going anywhere and also gives the layout some texture and a homemade feel. 



I printed the 4X6 photo of these cuties and tucked it inside the "Easter" and the "Memories" words of my title.

Some phrase stickers, were added to the bottom of the page as well and the glittered wavy stickers were added to the top and bottom of the page.  I fussy cut out some of the eggs from the patterned paper and added them to the left and right side of the photo with some pop dots to give them some layering and dimension. 


I also added some puffy stickers and some teal glittered triangle stickers to direct the eyes to the photo. 


The bunny stickers were also pop dotted on the left and right side of the "Easter" word.


I hope you enjoyed my layout. It's fun to create custom backgrounds with a little paint and also fun to create a large title for the layout that makes it the overall focal point to the page.

Be sure and order your May kits at My Creative Scrapbook today.  Have a lovely day!

No comments:

Post a Comment