Monday, May 8, 2017

Easter Family Memories

Hello friends! I hope you had a good weekend and were able to spend some time doing what you love and if you are a scrapbooker, I hope you were able to partake in some of the International Scrapbook Day festivities that were happening everywhere.

Today I wanted to share another layout from the May Creative Kit at My Creative Scrapbook.


For this particular layout, I used the negative of the Alphabet Cut File, a download that is included in the May kits. I cut this large title out on my electronic die cutting machine on a 12X12 piece of textured white card stock and using the negative part of the cut file to create an extra layout.

I added some clear gesso around each large alpha, let it dry and then watercolored around the edge of each alpha with coordinating watercolors in pink, yellow, peach, teal, green and pink. 

With my paper trimmer, I cut lots and lots of paper strips and glued them down onto the backside of the large letters making sure that there were no two papers the same beside each other. 

Once all the large alphas were done, I drew around each letter with a ruler and a fine tip black marker to make the letters of the title stand out even more.


To add the white paint splatters, I covered up the photo with a piece of scrap paper and flicked some watered down white acrylic paint with a paint brush onto the layout to give it more texture and interest.


To make some extra embellishments for this page, I fussy cut some flowers, butterflies and eggs from some of the papers included in the kit. 


The adorable bunny, chick and egg buttons that were included in the kit were placed on the center of some of the large alphas. These were glued down with some glue dots.


Puffy stickers and a  pink heart shaped sticker from the pink alpha sticker sheet were added.


The word "family" was added just above the word "memories" and then I machine stitched it down with some pink thread. When different mediums such as gesso, inks and paints are used I find that stickers don't seem to adhere well and stay put so I often stitch them down to make sure that they aren't going anywhere.


There are some really cute phrase stickers included in the kit that come in mint, light pink and dark pink that I added to the layout.



Here are some more closeups






Well there you have it. A layout using the negative piece of a cut file to create a large title that is watercolored and backed with lots and lots of leftover paper strips.

I hope you are inspired to give this technique a try. It's a great way to stretch a cut file and your kit further.

Be sure and check out all the details on how you can purchase your own kit from My Creative Scrapbook. There are four kits each month so there is always one that will suit your style. Happy scrapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment