Tuesday, May 9, 2017

I Love Tulips

Hello friends! I am back today with another layout that I created for My Creative Scrapbook with the May Creative Kit. This is probably one of my favorite kits that I have had the privilege to create with. The colors are totally me.


This layout came together rather quickly and it was the seventh layout that I created with the kit. There were only bits and pieces of papers and puffy stickers left and when I saw a sketch designed by Summer Fullerton, I thought that it was the perfect way to use up my paper scraps from the kit.


I simply took a white 12X12 piece of white card stock and about a quarter of the way down the page, I began adhering the paper pieces down working from left to right and only applying adhesive to the top of each piece of paper. As I worked down the page, I tucked and layered the paper pieces and then machine stitched them down near the bottom edge of the papers. I machine stitched three rows with pink thread for some added texture and interest and them bent up the bottom edges to give more dimension.


I didn't have all the alphas I needed to create the word "love" in my title out of the white chipboard or pink alpha stickers so I decided to use a heart paper punch that I have and punched out three heart shapes from three colors of papers, stacked them on top of each other and machine stitched down the center of the heart and then added the "love" phrase sticker on top of the stitched heart. I added the letter "i"  from the white glitter chipboard letters and the word "tulips" from the pink alpha stickers and there was a green wavy sticker left in the kit so I added it below the title to complete the title.


I knew I wanted to add more stickers and and embellishments to the page, so I fussy cut some butterflies and flowers and popped them up with some foam adhesive strips to add more layers. I had a few puffy stickers and glittered triangle stickers left in my kit so I added those as well tucking the glittered triangle stickers here and there. On the top area of the page where the white card stock is showing, I added the remainder of the pink and blue ribbon behind the photo and machine stitched them with pink thread. 


My photo was matted on a piece of the green patterned paper. I glued the "hello spring" phrase sticker to the top right of the photo and the fussy cut tulip to the bottom right of the photo.  I used some soft pink enamel dots that were in my stash to direct the eyes to the photo and placed them in a triangle.




The photos below show the layering and dimension that was achieved on my page.



I hope you are inspired to use your paper scraps from the kit. Be sure and order your May Creative Kit, or the three other kits, today at My Creative Scrapbook.

Thanks for stopping by once again and I hope you have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment