Monday, February 18, 2013

Chalkboard Craze

Have you noticed that the good old chalkboard is making a comeback in the design world?  I am sure there are a lot of teachers out there that can remember the dusty chalkboard and erasers. Everywhere you look you will see this trend.

I was inspired by Wilna Furstenburg's chalkboard layout, at Two Peas In A Bucket and wanted to try this technique.  I used some Martha Stewart Chalkboard Paint



some papers from the Echo Park Country Drive Collection , a white sheet of card stock,  my Silhouette Cameo, some Crayola Chalk, a felt rose that I handmade and came up with this layout


It was so much fun!  I can't wait to try this chalkboard paint on some other surfaces and make a menu for my kitchen.

Did you know that on my Two Peas In A Bucket Gallery my name is scrapperleeanne and I have almost 700 projects there since I began to post them in 2006?  It is a great website and it inspires me daily. You can check out my Two Peas Gallery here and email me here.

Have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

  1. How cool is that chalkboard effect! Love what you cut with your Cameo too!

    ReplyDelete