Sunday, November 16, 2014

Remembrance Day Layout

Hello friends! Happy Sunday!  Today I wanted to share a layout I created for Remembrance Day.

I wanted to honour all the men and women who have sacrificed to keep my country,  Canada free. Freedom is something I never take for granted.

A few years back, I photographed a Red Poppy in a friend's back yard and this is what inspired me to create this layout.


I began with a piece of white card stock and added some clear gesso and then added some blue acrylic paint.  I applied some modelling paste to a stencil to give it more texture.


I used my Silhouette Cameo with the Flower Power Cut File from The Cut Shoppe and cut out the flower background on some red card stock and took my scissors and carefully cut a few of the flowers as I wanted to only use about four of them on my layout.


 I added some red watercolour paint below some of the flower petals and in random areas and then added some black paint splatters.


Next I cut my title on my Cameo on some black card stock and then adhered the papers, flowers, flair, tags, and twine. Finally I added some zig zag stitching with my sewing machine below the title.


I journaled on the journaling card and voila! It is completed.  This layout was inspired by a sketch I saw this morning at Creative Scrappers.


I rotated the sketch like so...


This felt special to creae this layout and it made me proud to be Canadian.  I hope you enjoyed your visit. Thanks for stopping by!




No comments:

Post a Comment