To create this layout you will need:
The My Creative Scrapbook November Main kit with the following items:
- Doily chipboard (cut in half),
- Brads (as shown)
- 12X12 inch sheet of brown woodgrain background paper
- Creme lace ribbon
The following die cuts and stickers (included in the Main kit)
- Bring On The Good Times
- Family Memories
- Grateful & Blessed
- Happy & Loved
- We Are A Forever Family
Supplies that you will also need are:
- 1 - 12X12 inch piece of white card stock
- 1 - 3 X 3 inch black and white photo
- Adhesive - liquid and also a tape runner type adhesive - (I use my Scotch ATG gun and also Tombow Mono Aqua Liquid Glue).
- Dimensional Foam Tape, foam squares or foam dots (for dimension)
- Heat Gun - If you don't have one, that is okay. You can also air dry the leaf cut file.
- Paper Towels (for wiping up after each ink application on the splat mat and cleaning the waterbrush after each color)
- Ranger Distress Inks in the following colors:
- Scissors (to cut the lace ribbon for the left side of the layout and also the bow on the layout)
- Silhouette Cameo, Cricut Explore or Brother Scan N Cut Electronic Die Cutting Machine (must be able to use png, svg, or dxf format files)
- Splat mat
- Waterbrush (I use Prima brand, but any water brush will do or simply use a regular artist brush and also a glass of water )
Cut out the circular leaf cut file out of a sheet of white card stock with your electronic die cutting machine.
Using the splat mat, add the distress ink and some water and paint each leaf using the colors mentioned being sure to alternate colors so not two colors are beside each other.
Now it is time to assemble your layout.
Beginning with the brown woodgrain paper, add the chipboard doily that has been cut in half and adhere to the top left and bottom right corner of the layout.
Add a large piece of the creme ribbon to the left side of the layout, fold over to the backside of the brown woodgrain paper and adhere to the back. Also, be sure to reserve some ribbon to create the bow that will be added later.
Add the inked circular leaf cut file, that has fully dried, to the center of the woodgrain brown paper and adhere with liquid adhesive. I prefer to bend the leaf tips upwards to achieve more dimension.
Add the 3 X 3 inch black and white photo to the center of the circular leaf cut file and adhere to the brown wood grain paper.
Add the sticker "we are a forever family" to the top of the photo and the "family memories" to the bottom of the photo.
Add the "grateful + blessed" sticker, the "bring on the good times" die cut (that is popped up with foam squares), the "together" die cut (that is also popped up with foam squares) and the "happy + loved" sticker to the layout as shown.
Tie a bow with the creme ribbon and adhere with liquid adhesive below the "together" die cut.
Add brads to the layout as shown.
The layout is now complete!
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial. Have a wonderful, creative day! Be sure and check out the amazing kits at My Creative Scrapbook and subscribe today!