Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Practical Scrappers - 10 Things Watercolours




Hello friends!

Today at Practical Scrappers we are sharing a few ideas on using watercolour techniques on your projects.

I chose to create a layout honouring my mom.




  I created a watercolour effect with my Faber Castell Gelatos and an acrylic stamp for the flowers at the bottom of the layout.  The stamp is coloured with various colours of gelatos and then lightly misted with water and then stamped on the card stock.




 The other watercolour technique is the diecut flowers that I cut out with my Silhouette Cameo and then used  a variety of Heidi Swapp Colour Shine Mists.  With this technique first I sprayed some mist onto a splat mat and then took a water brush and painted the flowers, leaves and stems.




 Here are some other photos of my layout.  I misted the "you & me tag" and the "mother" diecut title.  I love Heidi Swapp Color Shine Mists.  They are such pretty colours and I love the pretty shine they have.




I hope I have inspired you to try some stamping with Gelatos and painting with your mists to create watercolour effects on your projects.

Thanks for stopping by and have a good day!

1 comment:

  1. Love the gelatos on the acrylic stamps for the flowers - beautiful effect!

    ReplyDelete